Friday, February 12, 2010

Inter-class Debate Competition 2010.

Yes, I know it's a very long name. However that was the name given to me by the person in-charge of the whole thing. In fact the full thing is, ' Inter-class debate competition 2010' organised by SMK Green Road English Language Club.

I am in no way getting paid for this. Ohh how I wish if it were so.

Anyway, last Saturday the English Language Club organised an inter-class debate competition. Which was a week after the debate workshop in Lodge, which I sorely regret not going.... sigh...

Their debate shirt. I like. The squirrel part is an inside joke. They're not actually squirrels. Don't worry.

Moving on.... so I was helping out since I had nothing better to do plus I wanted to integrate myself into the group before the 27th.. haha

The debate competition was on Friday and Saturday, unfortunately I only brought my camera on Saturday, so I only have pictures for that day.


Karen, the person in-charge of all this, and the person who gave me the super long name.

On Saturday, was the semi-finals and the finals.

Here are the semi-finalist.


Team 1

From the left: Avery Sim, DeeDee, Bibiana Kueh.

VS

Team 2

From the left: Doreen Kho, Karen Ho, Jonathon Jong.


Team 3

From the left: Eswinder Kaur, Tsai Ching, Krystle Ong.

VS

Team 4

From the left: Malachi Ting, Wong Hui Mei, Melanie Chan.


And here are the people who didn't get into the semi's but did a good job.

Tho bloody idiot who took the photo, accidentally added someones head.

I helped out in the debate between Team 3 and Team 4. I was the timekeeper.


The adjudicators. Karen, Arianne, David

So, Team 4 won this round and Team 1 won the other.

So the finals were between these two teams. Unfortunately, I had to leave early and didn't get to see who won the finals. But I was told that it was Team 4. Congrats Guys!



So ya.... that was roughly how the 'Inter-class debate competition 2010' organised by SMK Green Road English Language Club went.

Next up would be inter-school.




Ja-ne!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oddity written