Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Intensive Training.

So two weeks before the band competition, Kester said 'Alright people we've gotta have intensive practice'. So we spent a total of 9 days doing intensive practice. I know what your thinking, 'It's only 9 days how hard can it be?'

Well let e break it down for you.
1 Day = 14 hours of practice.
9 Days = 14 x 9
= 126 hours of practice.

I'll be honest here. I didn't enjoy it very much.

*The following paragraphs is about my whines and complaints. So if you don't like it, don't read it.*

We spent hours slogging and working our asses off under the frigging hot sun that is relentless. We can spend an hour and a half under it with no shade. Then once we take a break a nice piece of cloud comes along and covers it. I'm like 'Nice job smartass, why don't you come along earlier next time?'. But no they never listen to me. I wonder why?

And by Day 4 we're all exhausted and it's getting harder and harder to get up at 6am in the morning to come for practice. People get grouchy, pissed off, stressed, start breaking down. The only good part is that most of us kept coming. And it's not getting easier with our leaders pushing to work harder and faster, screaming and scolding at us. And certain members with no sense of emotional control start breaking down or talking back.

And the fact that I got sick on Day 3 didn't help either. I hate being sick. I know Kester said 'Don't Complain'. but you know what Kester, you can take that advice and shove it up your ass. I'm proud to say I hardly complained DURING the practices and when we were in Sibu. So give me some space and let me vent out all my stress I've accumulated during the pass few weeks.

I've got so much stress. I have to worry whether I can play my piece. I have to worry whether my members can play their pieces. I have to make sure they stay discipline. I have to make sure they all know how to do their formation. One of my members had an appendix operation done so he couldn't join. So I had to find a replacement. Meaning I 'm one person down, in who can play. And it wasn't helping that one of my members is a bloody filthy f***ing hypocrite, who criticizes other without looking at oneself first.

I've got alot more to complain about. However I think I'll stop here.(I feel so much better)

Not to say I have the biggest problems in the band. My leaders have to worry about the whole band and a million and 1 other problems. My teachers as well. So I salute you guys on your admirable work.

So we did 9 days of intensive practice and prepared to go to Sibu for the competition.
That's in the next post.


Ja-ne!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oddity written